Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Santa Fe





Route 285 into Santa Fe is straight uphill and through a forest to 7000 feet elevation. I could feel the pressure change and it did not feel good. Kind of felt sick in fact. There were very few cars, no lights, no buildings on this road. All of a sudden, you get to the top and see a few adobe houses and then boom - cars everywhere. Where'd they all come from? Santa Fe is a big, multicultural, multilingual city with a lot of tourists.
Its as if the town of Santa Fe has a building code and all structures have to be the same architectural style - and most are. I love the architecture. I love the open sky and the mountains at the end of the road. I love the fact that there is a breeze, strong sunshine, and no humidity. I love the Mexican food. I don't really like spicy food but I found the food here amazing. I highly recommend The Shed, Tomasinos, and Santa Luna. All are great restaurants. I hope to come back here sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Macy still hanging in there okay? I wanna see some pictures of her, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete